Skin

Like many women, I’ve been searching for just the right skin care regime right about the same time I started buying, ahem, personal hygiene products. Your face is the first thing people notice- at least, we'd like to think so!- therefore we should put SOME effort into caring for it. I'm in my early 20s and I am trying to go for products with more natural ingredients because let's face: I'm not getting any younger. And if I want to be as gorgeous as JLO, I need to adapt a new healthier lifestyle, inside and out- that is why my newest acquisition is Burt’s Bees Brightening line.  

But true to my stubborn self, there are a few must, must, MUST haves I always keep handy even when everything else in my medicine cabinet changes! Why change the things that work wonders?

1.        Benzoyl Peroxide- because my skin is blemish-prone, I keep a stash of this (prescribed by a dermatologist) for emergency treatments only. It tends to over dry my skin so I use it sparingly (once or twice a week). I apply it directly on the trouble areas before bed and by morning I see a significant difference. I'm not even kidding... It is magical!

2.        Mists are musts! "Misting" is something I started just last year and I'm obsessed. My family makes fun of me but it's a great alternative to shlopping on creams, especially after an extraneous workout. The mists hydrate without leaving skin slick and shiny, like many skin creams tend to do (to my face anyway). I get a healthy glow and soft supple skin because the mists allow my skin to moisturize itself.
I use Caramance Rose Facial and Body Water because it is the first one I came across and it's very inexpensive compared to the below which, hi- JLO uses these products and we all know how, like wine, she only gets better with age!
Tata Harper’s Hydrating Floral Essence ($76), Jurlique’s Rosewater Balancing Mist ($35), Omorovicza’s Queen of Hungary Mist ($86), and Tatcha’s Luminous Dewy Skin Mist ($48).

3.        Blistex- (the little round chubs in blue) Gives just the right amount of shine (without looking like you pigged out on a plate of Lo Mein sans napkins… even if you just did!) and leaves lips supple and gorg, darling! I can't spend a day without this!

4.        ST. Ives Blemish Control Apricot Scrub- Ole faithful! I've been using this for years and I don't regret. Just don't overuse this- once or twice a week is perfect. I try to have "Spa Thursdays" when I do my entire facial (masks, scrubs, etc). 

5.        Biore’s blackhead strips (for the nose)- My pores are huge. Yeck! That's why I absolutely LOVE products that help get the gunk out and shrink those suckers down. Biore (& Clean & Clear) I try to always have Biore strips handy to use for my "Spa Thursdays." 

6.       My favorite moisturizer, because it hydrates and fights blemishes, is Clean and Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer. Literally have been using Clean and Clear for over ten years... (damn). But it just works!

Keep in mind, everyone’s skin is different. When trying out new products, make sure to speak to someone who knows their stuff (exhibit A- a dermatologist) so that you can get an accurate assessment on what you're skin needs. 
And be patient- even though a lot of creams claim to work miracles overnight, this is not entirely true. To achieve desirable results, you have to let your skin adjust to the products you’re introducing it to. Also, be loyal but don’t be afraid to try new things. If you’re using a certain line, stick to that until it runs out or replace it if you’re not seeing the results they promised- THEN try something new. Mixing brands may be a big reason why you’re not seeing the results you want because each company has their unique formula.I mix products but not everyday- and I know that this particular mix works for my skin. 

Tailor your skin regimen for you! 

XoXo,

2lipsinluv

#skincare #beauty #biore #cleanandclear #blackheads #tzone #stives #scrub #pores #tataharper #omorovicza #mists #caramance #blistex #tatcha #jurlique

Comments

Popular Posts