Boo!

Don’t anyone freak out but, I don’t really like Halloween. I’m a wuss when it comes to spooky/scary things and the entire holiday gives me the heebeegeebees (spelling?) fact being is as Lorde puts it I live “in a torn-up town, no postcode envy.” Translation- Halloweens in New York City aren't exactly the safest.
BUT if I could be anyone for Halloween this year, I'd be Selena. No, not Gomez- Selena Quintanilla.
She was my very first celebrity idol. At age 4, I was too young to comprehend why she was murdered. By age 6, I understood the concept of death and I remember watching the Selena movie (you know, with J-Lo) bawling, asking my parents "WHYYYYY?!" and hating the murderer with every fiber of my chunky 6 year old being (I'm slightly over it now).

Like the picture below shows, Selena was more than a wonderful singer (I still get choked up when belting out "Dreaming of You"). She was, and still is, a fashion icon (I wore my hair like her, still do at times)- even though she doesn't get the credit she deserves.

 As for a costume, I'd go with her signature red lips defined brows, flowing hair & either an all black outfit or white and black number that accentuate my curves. OR a white fitted top, jeans and booties number with a leather jacket thrown over the ensemble.


Rest in peace beauty queen.

XoXo,

2lipsinluv

#selena #halloween #quintanilla #honor #latina #bella +LATINAS THINK BIG™  +Latina Magazine

Comments

Popular Posts