Oscar de la Renta

I was but browsing through a website when I came across the heart wrenching headline- "Oscar de la Renta dead at 82." I immediately felt a pang in my heart. Besides Coco Chanel, Oscar de la Renta has always been one of my most favored designers. He was, as we say, "un orgullo Dominicano"- a man that gave Dominicans pride. His designs, his aesthetics, the gentleman that he was will forever be in engraved in my heart and in my mind. I will forever more cherish the days I walked through the halls of ODLR offices in NYC as an intern, seeing his designs go from rolls of beautiful fabric to exquisite gowns. Also the night my sister and I sat at the 92Y just a mere 3 feet away from him and Fern Mallis. I mean, it was amazing.  

No further words can express what I feel at this devastating loss.

"I am not interested in shock tactics. I just want to make beautiful clothes."
-Oscar de la Renta



Rest in peace, legend.

XoXo,

2lipsinluv

Comments

Popular Posts